Saturday, June 14, 2014

Daddy, Can You Hear Me? - Devotional - June 14, 2014




Leave your fatherless children; I will preserve them…. – Jeremiah 49:11

Daddy, can you hear me?
I hope you can.  Today is a very special day for You and I.  On a day once saturated with tears of sadness, I get the chance to celebrate you.

Daddy, can I tell you how thankful I am for your adoption?
Growing up without my earthly father, I spent the first portion of my life feeling like an orphan. 
Rejected.
Unworthy.
Lost.

Then came you….
From our very first introduction, you gave me a new heritage.
A new family.
A feeling of worthiness.
A sense of belonging.
Your adoption made me whole.

you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father." – Romans 8:15

Daddy, can I tell you how proud I am to be your daughter?
You love me with an everlasting love.
Like a good father…
You nurture me.
You protect me.
You correct me.
You show mercy to me.
You sent your most precious son, Jesus, to earth to bring me home.
And, I am forever yours.
Now, as you pour your divine DNA into me, I am never the same.
I am now the daughter of the Most High God.

“And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters,” says the LORD Almighty. – 2 Corinthians 6:18

Daddy, can I tell you how much I want to be like you?
As I grow, your gracious presence and righteous character transform me from the inside out.
The same love...
The same hope...
The same peace...
The same fullness I receive from you, I want to give to others.
I want others to look at me and see YOU, Daddy.
For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God's children. – Romans 8:16

Daddy, can you hear me?

I know you can.

Because, as I write this letter to you, I feel your arms around me.  Embracing me with a fierce love that will last through all time.

I just want to say, thank you. 

Thank you for your faithfulness.
Thank you for never leaving me.
Thank you for never forsaking me.

Thank you for the privilege of calling you, Father.

I love you, Daddy.

Happy Father’s Day.

Love, Daddy’s Girl



Let’s prayFather, God.  What a blessing it is to utter those words.  In the midst of our hurried lives, we can never take for granted the intimacy that comes with knowing the God of ALL creation as Dad.  You are not some far away, abstract, thought...you are our FATHER.  You are ever-present and in deep desire for a personal relationship with each of us.  So on this Father’s Day, we use this opportunity to lean into you more and pursue a greater depth of relationship with you.  And as we give you praise, we also want to thank you for the men you have placed in our lives as our earthly fathers.  Help us to honor them.  Love them.  Encourage them. Lift them up in CONTINUOUS prayer.  We know the task of fatherhood is not easy, so we thank you for their sacrifice, and ask for your continued strength and wisdom as they carry out this crucial role – as a physical representation of you to their children here on earth.  In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment